At the Airport
- Double check on the number of baggages you are allowed to bring
- Extra baggages for overseas flight can be very expensive
- Write down or memorize your future US address. Airlines are required by law to ask for this information at check-in counter. Also, this information is essential for the US custom form.
- Make sure to bring your passport and UCLA issued I-20 (or any required documents). Don’t pack them in your baggage. You’ll need them to go through the customs.
- The customs at LAX is extremely busy. Expect 2 hours or more to go through it.
- Don’t panic if you are asked for additional screening to another room. If you do have all required document and a valid student status at UCLA, they will verify your status there. You will be fine.
- If you are carrying 2 big luggages, taking the Flyaway bus may not be a good idea. Try to find someone to pick you up. Requesting Uber or Lyft as well as reserving shuttles (Prime Shuttle or Super Shuttle) can also be the alternatives.
- Keep a pen with you all the time