First things to do when you arrive at UCLA
- Visa Check-in: Pay attention to instruction emails sent by Dashew Center and bring required documents for visa check at designated time.
- Bruincard: Bruincard is your campus ID and mobile wallet at UCLA. Go to bruincard.ucla.edu and apply for your Bruincard online before you arrive. After your application is approved you will receive an email for pick-up instructions.
- Transit Pass: UCLA usually offers free transit-pass for a least the first quarter. The pass allows you to take most public transit you need for free. Offer will be sent to your email-address. It’s time limited to apply before the deadline. Transit passes are discounted for UCLA students. You automatically give up parking application the quarter you hold a transit pass from UCLA. Check https://main.transportation.ucla.edu/getting-to-ucla/public-transit for more information.
- Glacier (for paid PhD): Contact the graduate advisor at your department to ask her set up a Glacier account for you. Glacier deals with your tax at UCLA.
- Safety Training (for STEM major): Learn about the safety training requirement beforehand. It’s better to complete all necessary trainings in summer, as you are very likely to have scheduling difficulties after school starts.