- Movies are screened at the James Bridges Theater, Melnitz Hall 1409 on the UCLA campus.
- All screenings and appearances are subject to change on short notice, so please check our listings before showtime.
- All movies are FREE to UCLA students, staff, faculty and members of the general public, unless otherwise noted.
- Melnitz Movies is funded through the UCLA Graduate Students Association and the ASUCLA Student Interaction Fund.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis (one ticket per person) at the Melnitz box office one hour before showtime.
December 10, 2013 - 4:00pm
A fictional film set in the alluring world of one of the most extraordinary scandals of the 1970s, American Hustle tells the story of brilliant con man Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale), who along with his equally cunning and seductive partner Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams) is forced to work for a wild FBI agent Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper). DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia that’s as dangerous as it is enchanting. Jeremy Renner is Carmine Polito, the passionate, volatile, New Jersey political operator caught between the con-artists and Feds. Irving’s unpredictable wife Rosalyn (Jennifer Lawrence) could be the one to pull the thread that brings the entire world crashing down. Like David O. Russell’s two previous films, American Hustle defies genre to tell a story of love, reinvention, and survival. 138 MIN / USA / COLOR / 2013 / RATED R