Academic Senate Application Information
Serving on an Academic Senate committee is a great way to have an impact on the classroom experience and the overall shape of the university.
DUTIES OF GSA APPOINTEES:
GSA appointees to Academic Senate committees are expected to:
- Attend a brief Academic Senate Appointee Orientation in the Fall quarter (week 1 or 2, to be determined by the VPAA and 2011 – 2012 Academic Senate appointees)
- Attend and participate in all Academic Senate Committee meetings
- Remain in contact with the VPAA regarding graduate student issues that are discussed in the Committee meetings
- Submit quarterly reports to the VPAA
- Be available for meetings with the VPAA throughout the academic year
Please turn in the 2011 - 2012 Academic Senate Committee Non-Stipended Appointment Application (DOC) by e-mail to Doris Melkonian, Vice President of Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29. The Academic Senate Appointments Orientation will be held during week 1 or week 2 of Fall Quarter (to be determined by the VPAA and 2011 - 2012 Academic Senate appointees).