Issues in Applied Linguistics: IAL
Published Since: 1989
Started in November of 1989, Issues in Applied Linguistics is a refereed journal managed, edited and published by graduate students of the UCLA Department of Applied Linguistics. The journal is published twice yearly and has established international distribution and a solid reputation in the field of Applied Linguistics.
Our aim is to publish outstanding research from students, faculty, and independent researchers in the broad areas of discourse analysis, sociolinguistics, language acquisition, language analysis, language assessment, language education, language use, and research methodology. We are particularly interested in publishing new departures and cross-disciplinary endeavors in the field of applied linguistics.
Bahiyyih Hardacre, Editor-in-Chief
Ikkyu Choi, Production Editor
Netta Avineri, Book Review Editor
Jinhee Lee, Managing Editor
Soyeon Kim, Treasurer
- Languages, Identities, and Accents: Perspectives from the 2010 Linguistic Diversity Conference
Uju Anya, Netta Avineri, Lauren Carris, & Valeria Valencia
- The Practice of Theory in the Language Classroom
- More than Just a Hammer: Building Linguistic Toolkits
Marjorie Orellana, Clifford Lee, and Danny Martinez
- Social Issues in Applied Linguistics: Linguistic Diversity in the Classroom and Beyond. Is it Wrong or Just Different? Indigenous Spanish in Mexico
- Looking Within and Beyond: An on-the-Ground Account of Arizona Teachers’ Implementation of the Four-Hour English Language Development Model
Karisa Peer and Karla Pérez
- Speaking from Experience
- Who’s “Unintelligible”? The Perceiver’s Role
- Grammar, Pronunciation, or Something Else? Native Japanese Speakers’ Judgments of “Native-Like” Speech
- Language Assessment as a System: Best Practices, Stakeholders, Models, and Testimonials
Netta Avineri, Zsuzsa Londe, Bahiyyih Hardacre, Lauren Carris, Youngsoon So, and Mostafa Majidpour
To submit a manuscript online, click here.
eScholarship Repository: http://escholarship.org/uc/appling_ial
Purchase print copies of Issues in Applied Linguistics through publishing partner UC Press
The full run of back issues of Issues in Applied Linguistics is available in multiple formats on the Internet Archive site.
Subscribe to Issues in Applied Linguistics journal updates: RSS
IAL: UCLA Department of Applied Linguistics
3300 Rolfe Hall
P.O. Box 951531
Los Angeles , CA 90095-1531